UPPER PROVIDENCE - Rose Tree Park was chock full of red, white and blue, along with a generous amount of camouflage, Saturday afternoon as hundreds of people attended the sixth annual Walk for the Wounded. The marquee event of Operation First Response, it seeks to raise funds to help service members wounded in the line of duty to transition back to civilian life more easily."This community, ...
From left are Sean Corcoran, Vinny Miracola and Cortney Potts cheering before the start of commencement exercises as Widener University, Saturday. (Times Staff/JULIA WILKINSON ) CHESTER - Widener University President Dr. James T. Harris III encouraged the graduates of the historic Class of 2013 to remember that their journey was not undertaken alone, but was partnership with their friends, ...
PROSPECT PARK - Thanks to one remarkable little girl, Prospect Park has become one of the first municipalities in the country to become a "bully-free" zone.During its regular business meeting Tuesday night, council passed a resolution declaring the borough a "compassionate borough" and throwing its support behind a 10-year campaign to encourage, support and participate in ...
MILLERSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - Gov. Tom Corbett got a cool reception when he addressed a central Pennsylvania university's graduating class.The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News ...
By LORETTA RODGERSTimes Correspondent@LorettaRodgers1 ASTON - Cheers erupted Saturday as more than 700 Neumann University candidates for doctoral, masters, bachelors and associates degrees marched in procession at the University’s 47th annual commencement ceremony.Following the invocation presented by University Chaplain the Rev. Philip Lowe, honorary degrees were bestowed upon Ulysses ...
Men in Black 3
Although there is no compelling reason for there to be a third Men in Black film (if it is to make up for the lackluster second installment, released way back in 2002, it feels almost embarrassingly overdue), Men in Black 3 does contain the single most impressive specia ... ...
PHILADELPHIA - A Yeadon woman who lied her way out of jail time after an embezzlement conviction several years ago was sentenced to 70 months in a federal prison Thursday for corruptly influencing the administration of justiceThe sentence was substantially longer than what Katherine M. Harrell would potentially have received for the embezzlement had she not lied, authorities noted.In September ...
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) - Officials are describing a devastating scene of shattered cars and other damage where two trains packed with rush-hour commuters collided in Connecticut. They say it's fortunate no one was killed.Seventy people were sent to the hospital Friday evening after the crash, which damaged the tracks and threatened to snarl travel in the Northeast Corridor.Gov. Dannel P. ...
By FRANK ELTMAN,Associated Press MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) - In what police are describing as a crime of opportunity, a wanted man with a criminal history dating nearly 15 years entered a front door that had been left open at a New York home near Hofstra University.A short time later, the intruder, Dalton Smith, and a 21-year-old college junior, Andrea Rebello, were both dead. The two were killed ...
Hanna Maier accepts a check for $50 in recognition of her anti-bullying efforts from Dr. Claudio V. Cerullo of Teach Anti-Bullying Inc., as her mother Tracy Maier and Prospect Park Mayor Jeffrey Harris look on. PROSPECT PARK - Thanks to one remarkable little girl, the borough has become one of the first municipalities in the country to become a "bully-free" zone.During its regular ...
Firefighters battle blaze in house on Miller Street in Radnor Township Friday night. (Special to the Times/Pete Bannan) RADNOR - A woman was rescued from a fire that engulfed a house on the 700 block of Miller Street in the Bryn Mawr section of the township Friday night, authorities said.The first arriving police officer reported fire coming from the rear of the home about 8:15 p.m.. Bryn ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Comfort Hotel Portrush
I arrived into Portrush, after a journey from Belfast to Londonderry on the M2 Motorway. Having seen Londonderry I was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Pennsylvania SunPennsylvania Sun | Reporting the News in Pennsylvania
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Pennsylvania news. From Pittsburgh to Philadelphia, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Pennsylvania Sun. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Pennsylvania weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
Union Human Resource and Development (HRD) Minister M.M. Pallam Raju would be on a five-day visit to Washington DC, Philadelphia and Boston beginning on May 13 for dialogue on higher education.
"This a continuation of India-US higher education dialogue which was initiated in 2009 after the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh's visit to the US during the same year, " Pallam Raju told the media here today.
This visit is the follow up of the Obama-Singh initiative taken on higher education. The focus of the visit would be on strengthening and enhancing higher education initiatives- 8 projects have been identified under this initiative. Strategic dialogue on higher education would take place. The visit will also cover school education and skill development sector.
Pallam Raju also discussed 'Connect to India' programme where US students will be coming and joining higher research institutes in India. The visit will also focus on exchange of faculty and development of faculty.
The Government has also initiated a scheme through University Grants Commission (UGC) to sponsor Indian researchers at the Post-Doctoral level and the first batch of 126 Indian scholars is ready to go to the US Institutions for post-doctoral research. ...
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- 10 best places to watch a NASCAR race
- China Tourism Day and 3rd Western China Tourism Industry Expo open in Chongqing
- UAE is top MidEast performer for tourism receipts
- Tourism promoters hoping for nice summer
- Vikings see the light with design of new stadium
- Cardinals sign rookie LB Minter
- Chiefs hire pistol expert Ault as consultant
- Ex-Jacksonville WR Jimmy Smith serving prison term
- Steelers youth football events focus on safety
- Independent Scotland open to Cyprus-style bank risks says Britain
- Kuwait replaces oil officials at KPC after $2.2 billion Dow payment
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
- Wall Street needs to pay its fair share
- China to issue 20 bln yuan in 50-year T-bonds
- Bala Cynwyd Library To Official Open Doors After Renovation
- Author Looks At Meaning Of Being Disabled Strength Of Conviction
- Positively Philadelphia A Brooklyn Flea Market Hops To Philadelphia
- Phillies Minor League Report Cody Asche Darin Ruf Roman Quinn all struggle Saturday night
- Burlington County Looking To Make Rt. 130 Safer For Pedestrians
- Locke aims to continue Pirates strong run
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida
- Pirates fall in 11th after bullpen has rare misstep
- Hurdle ejected after close play at the plate
- Pirates Fall To Astros 4-2 In 11 Innings
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- The Hangover actor engaged
- I dont want children but worry my husband is getting broody
- Lawyers treatment of Oxford abuse ring victim prompts call for reform
- Lifestyle Why better sound is big business
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Pennsylvania Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Delco shows support for wounded warriors
- Widener says farewell to largest graduating class
- Youngster Prospect Park take step to end bullying
- Gov. Tom Corbett gets cool reception at Millersville graduation
- Neumann University grads march toward new horizons